Stress Awareness Month: Learning To Be Still
August is Stress Awareness Month, and in this month’s Lunch & Learn, we will hear from someone in our industry who has recently faced a life-altering event due to stress. We will hear her story and learn ways we can all reduce stress.
In 2018, Beth Shelburne, former anchor and investigator reporter for WBRC FOX 6, survived an unexpected heart attack. She went from going 1,000 miles an hour to zero. During her recovery, she was given the chance to be still for the first time in her life. She will share with our members and guests how she found opportunity to change her life for the better through her illness and how managing her stress went from being last on her to-do list to the highest priority.
Through her journey, Beth developed many stress management practices, which includes mediation. We will also have Emeritus Professor at UAB and a meditation expert, Janet Bronstein, PhD, share with us some medication practices that we can follow to manage stress.
The August 21 meeting will be held at the Vestavia Hills “Library in the Forest.” Street address is 1221 Montgomery Highway, Vestavia, Alabama 35216. We will be in the Community Room as soon as you enter to the left.
• Networking – 11:45 a.m. until noon
• Presentation – noon until 1 p.m.
The cost is $16 for members; $20 for guests and $10 for students. Prepay options are available, or guests can pay at the event although registration is required. You can register here.
- Stress Awareness Month: Learning To Be Still08-21-2019
- PRCA-B Presents: Accreditation. Profoundly worth considering. Really.07-17-2019
- Get the Scoop on Big Spoon Creamery06-19-2019
- The Truth About Domain: What’s Your Score?05-15-2019
- PRCA-B Special Event: Comedienne Joy and the B’ham Eat, Drink, Ride Food Tour04-17-2019
- PRCA-B Presents – Paving the I-59/20 Road to Successful Communications3-20-19