September Networking Luncheon
New-Age Content Models: How Alabama Power Built a Corporate Newsroom
The Alabama NewsCenter is Alabama Power’s very own corporate newsroom. The platform strives to showcase positives stories throughout the state to promote growth and economic development. With the changing media landscapes and the inner turmoil of many traditional news outlets, countless companies are beginning to produce their own journalistic content, but few have succeeded – Alabama Power is one of them.
We’ll hear from Michael Tomberlin, editor of The Alabama NewsCenter, as he explains its inception, the mission and how they were able to legitimize the platform as a trusted news source.
Join us Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2016 at the Alagasco Center for Energy Technology at 20 20th Street S to learn about the inside operations of a corporate newsroom.
PARKING: Street parking is available on 19th Street S., on 1st Avenue S. and on 20 Street S.
- PRCA-B Presents – 100-Plus Days In: Meet the New Mayor’s Communications Team04-18-2018
- 2018 APR Study Course
- PRCA-B Presents: Trends in Communications – What’s Hot & What’s Not03-21-2018
- Moved to February 21: How to give the media what they want. Secrets from the pros who know.02-21-2018
- Birmingham Chapter of Public Relations Council of Alabama Names Its 2018 Officers
- December Meeting – Social at Pizitz Food Hall12-06-2017