May 4 Meeting Announcement – Sloss Furnace Visitors Center Featuring Felicia Mason and Dan Starnes
Report of Print’s Death Greatly Exaggerated; Print Media Thriving in Alabama
Featuring a Special Presentation by Felicia Mason of the Alabama Press Association and Dan Starnes of Starnes Media
Join the Public Relations Council of Alabama’s Birmingham Chapter on Thursday, May 4, from 11:45 a.m. till 1 p.m. as we hear from two of the area’s most knowledgeable sources about the current state of print in Birmingham and Alabama.
As practitioners, goals for this meeting will be to:
• Meet and hear from two seasoned professionals about the state of print media in our area
• Learn more about the Alabama Press Association and its members and Starnes Media and its umbrella of publications
• Examine best practices for working with newspapers and related publications
• Better manage relationships through cross promotion with print and related social platforms.
• More effectively use media relations to communicate with print publications
• Review a wide array of communication issues that can be applied to all aspects of the field
• Share tips and tools to effectively improve communication at the community level
Register online today at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/prca-b-presents-print-is-not-dead-tickets-33879365093. This meeting will be held at the new Sloss Furnace Visitor Center. 20 32nd Str. N., Birmingham, AL 35222
- $16 for members ($18 day of event)
- $20 for guests ($22 day of event)
- $10 for students
- Prepay options are available, or guests can pay at the event although registration is required.
The Public Relations Council of Alabama (PRCA) is the state’s longest operating and largest group of public relations practitioners. The organization exists to further the professional and networking interests of today’s communication professionals in private, public and nonprofit businesses and organizations.
PRCA was formed by a group of Birmingham PR practitioners who saw the need for regular networking with their peers in 1956. The group is more formally organized now, with approximately 500 members in six chapters – Birmingham, East Alabama (Auburn/Opelika), Mobile, Montgomery, North Alabama (Huntsville) and West Alabama (Tuscaloosa). Along with networking, PRCA offers career development opportunities, mentors college students and works to improve the professionalism of public relations practice through its accreditation program.
SPRF is a network of public relations professionals from Alabama, northwest Florida, Louisiana and Mississippi who share a common interest in the public relations profession. Membership in the Federation is automatic for members of PRCA, the Emerald Coast Public Relations Organization (ECPRO), the Public Relations Association of Louisiana (PRAL) and the Public Relations Association of Mississippi (PRAM).
* Networking – 11:45 a.m. till 12:15 p.m.
* Panel Featuring Felicia Mason and Dan Starnes
* Announcements – 12:50 till 12:59 p.m.
Help spread the word about PRCA-B by sharing information about our chapter with your social network peers!
- October Meeting: Listening Deeper with Chuck Holmes of WBHM10-04-2017
- August Meeting: Adding and Improving the Research in Your PR Practice08/02/2017
- July Joint Meeting with PRSA07-11-2017
- June Meeting – Alabama Secretary of State John H. Merrill06-07-2017
- May 4 Meeting Announcement – Sloss Furnace Visitors Center Featuring Felicia Mason and Dan StarnesThursday, May 4, 2017
- March Luncheon: Getting the Know the New Accreditation Panel Presentation03-01-2017