Accredited in Public Relations
Take the next step in your career and become Accredited in Public Relations. PRCA wants to help you achieve this prestigious honor by offering you our network of resources. Legitimize your profession, build accountability, and demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning. We’ll help you every step of the way. For more information contact Vice President of Accreditation, Josh Till, APR, at Josh.Till@heart.org. Learn more about APR.
UAB School of Medicine
The UAB School of Medicine Communications Office is offering two paid internships—one in editorial and one in digital content. Apply at https://www.uab.edu/medicine/news/internship. For more information contact, Emily Henagan, SOM Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Research and write original content for School of Medicine News and UAB Medicine magazine, including student profiles, faculty news briefs, promotions for upcoming events, and other news and feature articles
- Assist in the planning and production of the weekly School of Medicine email newsletter
- Upperclassman (junior or senior) studying journalism, communications, or public relations
- Strong writing skills in a variety of formats, including newswriting, features, press releases
- Must provide three writing samples
- Strong knowledge of AP style
Digital Content Intern:
- Post new and shared content to the School of Medicine websites
- Assist in planning and creating social media posts for School of Medicine accounts
- Assist in general website content updates
- Upperclassman (junior or senior) studying marketing, web design, communications, public relations, or a related field
- A sample portfolio is welcomed (can include graphic design, website design, or writing sample)
- Experience in Joomla, Woodpress or other Content Management Systems is a preferred
B.L. Harbert – Communications Manager
B.L. Harbert has an opening for a Communications Manager in its Corporate Office (Birmingham). Here’s the link for the full position description.
Wilbron Inc. – Public Relations Account Coordinator
Wilbron Inc. is seeking a full-time Public Relations Account Coordinator. This career opportunity requires a candidate experienced in writing public relations and social media strategies as well as research development. The ideal candidate will have one year of agency, or relevant, experience. Candidates must show innovative thinking, strong work ethic and team work. If you are chosen for this position, you will have an opportunity to interact with multiple clients, and the freedom to impact brands with national significance.
Corporate Communications Internship, Children’s of Alabama
Children’s of Alabama offers a unique and rewarding intern experience for third- or fourth-year journalism, public relations or marketing college students.
Fall Internships – Applications are due by July 15. Interviews take place in July, start date late August/early September.
Spring Internships – Applications are due by November 30. Interviews take place in December, start date early January.
Summer Internships – Interviews take place in March, start date mid to late May.
Terms begin in January, May and September of each year. Interested applicants should email their resume with a few writing samples to Amy Dabbs at email@example.com.
Have a job or internship opportunity? Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Truth About Domain: What’s Your Score?05-15-2019
- PRCA-B Special Event: Comedienne Joy and the B’ham Eat, Drink, Ride Food Tour04-17-2019
- PRCA-B Presents – Paving the I-59/20 Road to Successful Communications3-20-19
- PRCA-B Presents – Andy Harp, Frios Founder: PR Professional Turned Entrepreneur2-20-19
- PRCA-B Presents – Cause Marketing: Grow Your Network While Helping Others01-23-2019
- PRCA-B Holiday Social12-06-2018