2018 APR Study Course
2018 APR Study Course Sessions will be held at State Farm, 100 State Farm Pkwy, Homewood, AL 35209, at 7:30 a.m. on Thursdays beginning March 8. Breakfast is available for purchase in the cafeteria.
Please arrive a few minutes early for parking and check-in. Once you turn onto the campus from State Farm Parkway, take the first left into the parking lot and park anywhere. The main entrance is the glass-enclosed two-story atrium across from the parking lot. Come to the desk in the lobby and have a picture ID available to present to the security team. The course will take place in the Jackson Room.
Class will start promptly at 7:30 a.m.
- The cost is $25 payable to Alabama PRSA.
- Candidates are asked to have their APR application and the first section of their APR questionnaire completed and with them at the first meeting on March 8. (It is not necessary to have submitted your application, but it should be completed.) Application and questionnaire are available on the website praccreditation.org.
- Candidates are responsible for printing their own copy of the Study Guide, available on the website praccreditation.org.
Interested members, please contact an APR chair: David Majors, APR, firstname.lastname@example.org; Sara Franklin, APR, email@example.com; or
Joy Carter, APR, firstname.lastname@example.org.
|March 8||Orientation||APR Chairs||APR Chairs|
|Public Relations as a Management Function PP 22-25; Eras of PR History, PP 136-139||
|March 22||Understanding theories, models PP 123-135|
|March 29||Research PP 28-53|
|April 5||Writing a PR Plan PP 54-70|
|April 12||Leading the PR Function PP 72-94|
|April 19||Off Week||—||—|
|April 26||Managing Relationships PP 95-107|
|May 3||Applying Ethics and Law PP 109-115|
|May 10||Managing Issues and Crisis Comms PP117-120|
|May 17||EXTRA: APR Jeopardy!||Joy Carter||David Majors|
- The Truth About Domain: What’s Your Score?05-15-2019
- PRCA-B Special Event: Comedienne Joy and the B’ham Eat, Drink, Ride Food Tour04-17-2019
- PRCA-B Presents – Paving the I-59/20 Road to Successful Communications3-20-19
- PRCA-B Presents – Andy Harp, Frios Founder: PR Professional Turned Entrepreneur2-20-19
- PRCA-B Presents – Cause Marketing: Grow Your Network While Helping Others01-23-2019
- PRCA-B Holiday Social12-06-2018